Haivision, a market leader in video streaming technologies, today announced the next generation Makito encoder – the Makito X4 4K UHD HEVC/H.264 Video Encoder. The Makito X4 is based on Haivision’s all new MX4 HEVC/H.264 programmable 8 core encoding engine that delivers pristine broadcast quality and the highest available density.
The Makito X4 Video Encoder features:
- 4K UHD: 4K UHD or quad HD support at a full 60 frames per second
- Highest available encoding density: Up to 84 HD inputs (or 21 4K/UHD inputs) and 168 encoding cores in a single 4RU chassis
- Exceptional broadcast quality video: HEVC/H.265 and AVC/H.264 live encoding supporting 4:2:2 10 bit color
- Ultra low latency: Ideal for remote interactive applications such as live interviews and remote production (REMI) applications
- 8 encoding cores: Flexibility to deliver HEVC or H.264 streams at multiple bitrates to multiple locations
- Compact form factor and low power: Less than 30 watts per encoder blade and less than 8 watts per HD channel of high performance encoding
- Native SRT support: Haivision’s Emmy Award winning Secure Reliable Transport for delivering low latency video over public internet connections
- Stream Sync: Technology enabling HD/UHD remote production (REMI) workflows
“Broadcasters are thirsty for content and new ways to reduce costs, and need to have their eye on 4K content workflows,” said Peter Maag, chief marketing officer at Haivision. “We developed the Makito X4 in part to allow broadcasters to centralize their high value production teams and to reduce on-site event investments whether working in HD or 4K.”
The Makito X4 Video Encoder builds on the heritage and capabilities of the Makito video encoder and decoder product line that boasts over 50,000 units shipped throughout the broadcast, enterprise, and defense markets. The Makito X was the first product to support Haivision’s revolutionary SRT protocol, now open source, that extends high performance broadcast workflows over internet-based networks.
The Makito X4 offers an extensible, future-proof platform that is built to adapt to the technology drivers in the broadcast industry with support for HDR, SMPTE 2110, and other advanced video encoding features to come in future releases.
Avidex Industries, LLC
8509 154th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052