Haivision, a market leader in video streaming technologies, today announced the introduction of the Makito X4 Rugged Video Encoder, the next generation of the award-winning Makito X platform for ISR applications.
Designed for the most demanding environments, the Makito X4 Rugged delivers high-quality, low-latency AVC/H.264 and HEVC/H.265 video from analog and digital sources supporting video resolutions from SD to HD and up to 3840x2160p60 (4K UHD). With eight encoding cores and up to four inputs, the Makito X4 Rugged assures the best video quality across multiple networks simultaneously for situational analysis and processing, exploitation, and dissemination (PED). The Makito X4 Rugged comes in a compact, rugged enclosure designed to meet the most stringent size, weight and power (SWaP) requirements of mobile and fixed ISR platforms.
The Makito X4 Rugged can encode and stream high-quality full motion video (FMV) even at very low bit rates over constrained networks such as line of sight (LOS) and satellite (SATCOM)/beyond line of sight (BLOS). With support for the HEVC/H.265 codec, the Makito X4 Rugged offers significantly better picture quality and bandwidth efficiency as compared to AVC/H.264.
The Makito X4 Rugged can ingest and stream KLV and CoT metadata for interoperability with downstream exploitation systems. Metadata filtering can be applied to further optimize the use of available bandwidth. Featuring dual network interfaces, the Makito X4 Rugged can be configured for separate management and video streaming networks.
Makito X4 Rugged Video Encoder features include:
- HEVC/H.265 & AVC/H.264 Encoding: Exceptional picture quality even at low bitrates
- Ultra Low Latency: Respond in real-time to mission critical video information
- Flexible Video Inputs: From SD to 4Kp60, analog or digital.
- Metadata Filtering: Optimize low bitrate streaming through KLV filtering
- Dual Network Interfaces: Separate management and streaming networks
- Performance in a Compact Form-Factor: Multi-channel encoding for almost any fixed or mobile platform
- Multi-bitrate Streaming: 8 encoding cores deliver the best video to the right viewers over any network
- NATO STANAG 4609 and MISB Compliant: Ensures interoperability amongst coalition forces and partners
- Fully Ruggedized: DO-160 / MIL-STD-810G / MIL-STD-1275E all weather design for airborne, ship and ground-based platforms
“The Makito X4 Rugged is our next innovation in encoding platforms designed for the most demanding ISR applications and environments,” said John Leipper, director, product strategy, defense at Haivision. “It leverages the proven defense heritage of the Makito X series of encoders and delivers the very best motion imagery quality and performance in a small form factor with extremely low end-to-end latency.”
Avidex Industries, LLC
8509 154th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052