ORLANDO, Fla. - (InfoComm Booth #5071)- June 16, 2009 - Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the recognized market leader for rich media webcasting and knowledge management, today introduced Mediasite 5.1, the latest release of the company's award-winning webcasting platform from the show floor at InfoComm 2009.
The latest release adds platform-wide enhancements to the Mediasite Recorders, webcasting appliances that capture, encode and synchronize high-quality video and DVI/VGA images as rich media presentations, and the Mediasite Server which streams live and on-demand webcasts and provides centralized content management. Both room-based Mediasite RL Recorders and portable Mediasite ML Recorders feature a redesigned 5.1 recording interface as well as variable bitrate capture settings that accommodate presenters' on-the-fly image input changes. The new at-a-glance scheduling calendar and ability to import schedules from course management or enterprise scheduling systems, saves significant administrative time when recording recurring presentations or lectures,
"Here at the Carlson School of Management, we rely on the current Mediasite scheduler to automatically activate and manage multiple Mediasite Recorders remotely," said Michael Teachout, media services coordinator at the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management. "The expanded scheduling features showcased in 5.1 will expand the possibilities of remote automatic control for our school, offering more options to streamline scheduling."
Other Mediasite 5.1 enhancements include:
- New Silverlight 2.0-based Players for the richest and most dynamic Mediasite experience on PC, Mac and Linux. Organizations can embed presentations that use the new Players in any blog, course management portal or web page, allowing viewers to watch Mediasite within the sites they use most. User-controlled video and slide placement supports side-by-side, picture-in-picture and full screen options.
- Enhanced tracking and reporting with new interactive graphs and dynamic views of valuable content viewing statistics - by presentation, user, presenter and more.
- In-catalog editing which supports on-the-fly metadata changes to presentations in the Mediasite Catalog, an automatically-generated online portal of archived presentations.
- Ability to customize friendly URLs for Mediasite Catalog pages.
- Automated closed captioning for institutions either required or seeking to make technology available and usable for users with disabilities. Mediasite now automates the complete process of closed captioning content for deaf and hearing-impaired students. In a single step, users set the closed captioning preference once for an entire folder of content, and closed captions are displayed in the Mediasite Player for the user.
"Mediasite 5.1 continues the tradition of innovation and refinement that has made Sonic Foundry the trusted provider of integrated presentation and lecture capture technology worldwide," said Rob Lipps, executive vice president of sales of Sonic Foundry. "The increased options for automatically generating content with the Mediasite system and embedding it throughout the web will spark even broader adoption and applications for enterprise rich media."
Sonic Foundry will demonstrate Mediasite 5.1 during InfoComm, June 17 - 19 in Orlando, Florida, in booth #5071.