Crestron® DM® Switchers providethe foundation for a complete DigitalMedia™ system, delivering an advanced 4K ultra high-definition AV signal routing solution that’sextremely flexible andinstaller-friendly.The DM-MD32X32-RPSaffords ultra fast switching and pure, lossless distribution of HDMI® and other signals to support all the digital mediaplayers, HDTV receivers, computers, cameras, and display devices that fill any modern home or commercial facility.DigitalMedia thoughtfully manages all of the disparate AV signals and devices to deliver a transparent user experience, and to ensure an optimum video image and audio signal at every location. The DM-MD32X32-RPS is an enhanced version of the DM-MD32X32 featuringbuilt-in redundant power supplies to ensure continuous reliable operation for mission critical applications. The DM-MD32X32-RPS is field-configurable to handle up to 32 AV sources of virtually any type. The outputs arealso field-configurable to provide up to 32 DM, HDBaseT®, and/or HDMI outputs, or up to 16 H.264 streaming outputs, in a single chassis.A full selection of DM switcher input and output cards, DM transmitters, and DM receivers provides extensive connectivity throughout a residence or commercial facility, supporting a complete range of analog and digital signal types — all through one switcher. Integrated Ethernet networking and USB distribution provide a complete connectivity solution combined with built-in Crestron control for managing the displays and other room devices without necessitating any additional wiring.User-friendly operation, setup, and troubleshooting tools are provided through the DM-MD32X32-RPS front panel, or via Crestron Toolbox™ software, to make setting up a complete multiroom 4K video distributionsystem easy. 4K Ultra HD Crestron DigitalMedia continues to advance the standard for digital AV signal distribution, delivering the world’s first end-to-end 4K system solution. From day one, the DM-MD32X32-RPSwas designed to meet the extreme bandwidth requirements for handling 4K and Ultra HD video signals.Support for 4K video also ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA. To configure a DM switcher complete with input and output cards, cables, and other peripherals, please use the online DigitalMedia Switcher Configuration Tool. DigitalMedia 8G™ As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM) to deliverthe first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a room, building, or campus. The latest generation of DMis called DigitalMedia 8G (DM 8G®). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transportfor moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over a choice of twisted pair or fiber optic cable. DM 8G handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signalswith support for 3D, Deep Color, and HDCP 2.2.Audio capabilities includethe simultaneous distribution of stereo and multichannel surround sound signals, with support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ as well as uncompressed linear PCM.
Delivers a unified HD signal distribution solution incorporating both point-to-point wired and IP streaming technologies
Provides lossless HD AV signal routingover twistedpair copper wire or fiber
Integrates video, audio, networking, and control over one wire or fiber strand
Enables high-performance H.264 streaming from any input source up to 1080p or WUXGA
Affords full matrix switching with ultra high 12.5 Gbps backplane data rate
HandlesHDMI® with Deep Color, 3D, 4K, and high-bitrate 7.1 encoded audio
HDBaseT® Certified-Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
HDCP 2.2 compliant via compatible 4K input and output cards 
Distributes Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, and 4K signals over CAT type twisted pair cable at distances up to 330 ft (100 m) via DM 8G+® and HDBaseT[4,9]
Distributes 1080p and WUXGA signals over multimode fiber at distances up to 1000 ft (300 m) via DM 8G® Fiber[5,9]
Distributes 1080p and WUXGA signals over single-mode fiber at distances up to 7.5 miles (12 km) via DM 8G SM Fiber[6,9]
Allows streaming of 1080p signals over an IP network with no distance limitations
Also supports all first-generation DM® CAT and DM Fiber products[7,8,9]
Configurable with up to eight DM, HDBaseT, and/or HDMI outputs
Configurable with up to four streaming outputs
Easy output expansion using multiple DM switchers
Modularinputs support a complete range of digital, analog, and streaming signal types
QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
Auto-Locking® technology achieves rapid switching between disparate sources
Detects and displays detailed video and audio input information
Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
Allows independent scaling for every display through select output cards and DM receivers
Enables device control via CEC
Distributes and routes USB HID mouse and keyboard signals
Expanded USB routing capabilities available using USB over Ethernet Extenders
Allows full audio and USB breakaway switching
Supports analog audio embedding and de-embedding
Integrates with analog audio distribution systems
Enables simultaneous output of stereo and surround sound audio
Includes integrated Ethernet switch with Gigabit LAN port
Private Network Mode-requires just one IP address for the complete DM system
Built-in redundant power supplies with remote status monitoring
Provides easy setup and diagnostics toolsvia front panel or software
14-space 19-inch rack-mountable
Current Draw :
Number of Inputs :
Number of Outputs :
Active Power :
Operating Temperature (Maximum) :
Rack Units (Height) :
Product Weight :
Regulatory Compliance :
AC Voltage (Minimum) :
AC Voltage (Maximum) :
Operating Temperature (Minimum) :
• 1. All output types are configured in pairs except for streaming (a single streaming output occupies the space of two outputs of any other type).To configure a complete DM switcher with output and input cards, please use the online DigitalMedia Switcher Configuration Tool. Current DM switchers use DMC-series “single-gang” output cards. For older DM switchers with DMCO-series “multi-gang” output cards, please use the online Output Card Additions and Upgrades Tool to update your existing output cards and switcher to the new single-gang output card format.
• 2. Crestron control via the DM network requires a Crestron control system, sold separately.
• 3. 4K, Ultra HD, and HDCP 2.2 are currently supported over HDMI, DM 8G+, and HDBaseT using select input and output cards. Refer to the specifications for each input/output card and each connected device for its full capabilities.
• 4. The maximum cable length for DigitalMedia 8G+(DM 8G+) or HDBaseT is dependent upon the type of cable, the choice of input/output card, and the resolution of the video signal. Refer to the “Maximum DM 8G Cable Lengths” table for a detailed overview. Crestron legacy cable models DM-CBL DigitalMedia Cable and DM-CBL-D DigitalMedia D Cable support the same resolutions and cable lengths as CAT5e. Shielded cable and connectors are recommended to safeguard against unpredictable environmental electrical noise which may impact performance at resolutions above 1080p.DM 8G+ is compatible with HDBaseT Alliance specifications for connecting to HDBaseT compliant equipment.
• 5. The maximum cable length for DigitalMedia 8G Fiber(DM 8G Fiber) is 1000 ft (300 m) usingCRESFIBER8Gmultimode fiber optic cable, or 500 ft (150 m) using CRESFIBER (legacy) or third-party OM3 multimode fiber optic cable.
• 6. The maximum cable length for DigitalMedia 8G Single-Mode Fiber(DM 8G SM Fiber) is 7.5 miles (12 km)using CRESFIBER8G-SM or third-party G.652.D (or better) single-mode fiber optic cable.
• 7. The maximum cable length for DigitalMedia CAT (DM CAT) is 450 ft (137 m) using DM-CBL DigitalMedia Cable. Actual cable length depends upon multiple factors. Up to two DM Repeaters (Model DM-DR) may be required.
• 8. The maximum cable length for DigitalMedia Fiber (DM Fiber) is 1000 ft (300 m) using CRESFIBER (legacy), CRESFIBER8G, or third-party OM2/OM3 duplex multimode fiber optic cable.
• 9. Refer to the Crestron DigitalMedia Design Guide, Doc. #4546for complete system design guidelines. All wire and cablesare sold separately.
• 10. Streaming output supports 2-channel stereo audio only. Multichannel surround sound audio sources cannot be streamed unless downmixed to stereo. Stereo downmix capability requires a “DSP” type DM switcher input card, sold separately.
• 11. Any HDMI input can support a DVI or Dual-Mode DisplayPort signal using a suitable adapter or interface cable.
• 12. Item(s) sold separately.
• 13. Control of third-party HDBaseT devices using CEC is only supported via “4K” DM 8G+ input and output cards.
• 14. DVI output is supported via an HDMI output port using a suitable adapter or interface cable. CBL-HD-DVI interface cables are available separately.
• 15. Manages the routing of USB HID signals between peripheral DM devices and input cards that are equipped with USB HID ports. Also programmable to manage the routing of USB signals between Crestron USB over Ethernet Extender modules (USB-EXT-DM, sold separately).Refer to the USB-EXT-DM spec sheet for more information.
• 16. For external DMNet power, use a Crestron CNPWS-75, C2N-SPWS300, or other Cresnet power supply as required. Do not interconnect DMNet with Cresnet.
•Switcher: 32x32digital matrix, modular input/output cards, Crestron QuickSwitch HD™
•Input Signal Types: Configurable via modular plug-in cards supporting HDMI® (DVI & Dual-Mode DisplayPort compatible), DVI, 3G-SDI, RGB/VGA, component, S-Video, composite (NTSC & PAL), DM 8G+® & HDBaseT®, DM 8G Fiber, DM 8G SM Fiber, DM® CAT (legacy), DM Fiber (legacy), & H.264 streaming
•Output Signal Types: Configurable via modular plug-in cards supporting HDMI (DVI compatible), DM 8G+ & HDBaseT, DM 8G Fiber, DM 8G SM Fiber, DM CAT (legacy), DM Fiber (legacy), & H.264 streaming(All input cards also include HDMI pass-through outputs)
•Backplane Data Rate: 12.5 Gbps Note: For additional specifications, please refer to the spec sheet for each input and output card.
•Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (non-condensing)
•Heat Dissipation: 3000 BTU/hr
•Ambient Noise: 30 to 34 dBA typical, 29 to 30 dBA idle
•LAN: (1) 8-pinRJ45 female
10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T Ethernet port
• 24ABG / EIG1 - 32: (32) sets of (1) 4-pin and (1) 3-pin 3.5mm detachable terminal blocks Comprises (32) DMNet ports with “EIG” power selection ports, each set is associated with the corresponding DM CAT output port on any installed DM CAT output card; Each DMNet port provides power and communications for a DM CAT device connected via DM cable; Each EIG port connects to an external power supply, or to the internal power source via a jumper, to power the DMCAT device connected to the corresponding DMNet port; Maximum Load: 40 Watts (1.66 Amps @ 24 Volts DC) per port, limited to the available DMNet power from the internal power supply (see “Power Requirements” below) or an external power supply
• 100-240V~15-6A50/60Hz: (1) IEC 60320 C14 main power inlet
Mates with removable power cord, included
•G: (1) 6-32 screw, chassis ground lug
•COMPUTER (front): (1) USB Type B female
USB computer console port (6 ft cable included)
Power Requirements :
•Available DMNet Power: 220 Watts (9.2 Amps @ 24 Volts DC) from internal power supply
•Available PoDM/PoH Power: Refer to the specifications for each DM 8G+ input and output card
•Switcher: 32x32 digital multichannel audio-follow-video matrix switching, plus independent 32x32 stereo matrix for audio breakaway
•Input Signal Types: Configurable via modular plug-in cards supporting HDMI (Dual-Mode DisplayPort compatible), 3G-SDI, analog (stereo 2-channel), SPDIF, DM 8G+ & HDBaseT, DM 8G Fiber, DM 8G SM Fiber, DM CAT (legacy), DM Fiber (legacy), & H.264 streaming
•Output Signal Types: Configurable via modular plug-in cards supporting HDMI, analog (stereo 2-channel), DM 8G+ & HDBaseT, DM 8G Fiber, DM 8G SM Fiber, DM CAT (legacy), DM Fiber (legacy), & H.264 streaming(All input cards also include HDMI pass-through outputs, and most digital audio input cards also include analog stereo pass-through audio outputs) Note: For additional specifications, please refer to the spec sheet for each input and output card.
•Chassis: Metal with black finish, integrated rack ears, vented sides, fan-cooled
•Front Panel: Metal, black finish with polycarbonate label overlay
•Mounting: 14RU 19-inch rack-mountable (rack ears built in)
Controls &Indicators :
•LCD Display: Green LCD dot matrix, 128 x 64 resolution, adjustable LED backlight, displays inputs/outputs by name, video & audio signal information, Ethernet configuration and setup menus
•SOFTKEYS: (4) Pushbuttons for activation of LCD driven functions
•HW-R: (1) Recessed pushbutton for hardware reset, reboots the switcher
•ROUTE: (1) Pushbutton and red LED, selects ROUTE mode to allow routing changes
•VIEW: (1) Pushbutton and red LED, selects VIEW mode for viewing current routes
•INFO: (1) Pushbutton and red LED, selects INFO mode for viewing AV and device info
•MENU: (1) Pushbutton, steps menu back one level
•ENTER: (1) Pushbutton, executes highlighted menu or value
•AUDIO: (1) Pushbutton & red LED, selects audio routing view
•VIDEO: (1) Pushbutton & red LED, selects video routing view
•USB: (1) Pushbutton & red LED, selects USB routing view
•Quick-Adjust Knob: (1) Continuous turn rotary encoder, adjusts menu parameters
•IN 1 - 32: (32) Pushbuttons and red LEDs, each selects the corresponding input for routing
•OUT 1 - 32: (32) Pushbuttons and red LEDs, each selects the corresponding output for routing
•LAN (rear): (2) LEDs, green LED indicates Ethernet link status, amber LED indicates Ethernet activity
•Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mbps, auto-switching, auto-negotiating, auto-discovery, full/half duplex, DHCP, Private Network Mode
•USB: USB signal routing via select input cards, transmitters, receivers, and extenders; USB computer console port for setup
•DigitalMedia: DM 8G+, DM 8G Fiber, DM 8G SM Fiber, DM Fiber, DM CAT, DMNet™, HDCP 2.2, EDID, CEC, PoDM, PoDM+, Ethernet
•HDBaseT: HDCP 2.2, EDID, CEC, RS-232, PoH, Ethernet
•HDMI: HDCP 2.2, EDID, CEC NOTE: Supports management of HDCP and EDID; supports management of CEC between connected HDMI and HDBaseT devices and a control system.For additional specifications, please refer to the spec sheet for each input and output card.
Matrix Switcher Audio Input Signal Type -
S/PDIF Digital Audio
Matrix Switcher Audio Input Signal Type -
Matrix Switcher Audio Input Signal Type -
Matrix Switcher Video Input Type -
Matrix Switcher Video Input Type -